At Wayne and Freda we are striving to build a team that shares in our values. We have a passion for creating memorable experiences, a love for design and our hearts are full when there is good coffee, good food and good people. Tireless attention to detail and a commitment to creating authentic culture for our team members and guests is at the core of our plan . We don't just believe that people are a part of our business, they are our business.We are deeply rooted in the community in which we exist and are aiming to create awareness and connection to the beautiful place we are so lucky to call home.
We aren’t just looking to feed people, but we are looking to create an experience. And that involves everyone coming to the table to work together. We are looking to build a team, a company culture that has you excited to come to work, a place your ideas are valued and a platform to grow together.
Baristas will be responsible for taking orders, delivering food and beverages to customers, and creating a consistent high quality product and experience. Baristas must be committed to providing superior customer service. This position includes cashier duties.
The person having this position must possess good communication skills, and have the ability to resolve conflict with a thorough understanding of Wayne and Freda policies. Baristas must develop and maintain the company’s culture, values and reputation with all staff, guests, vendors and partners.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed
- Be a good communicator and provide excellent customer service to every patron
- Take food and beverage orders from patrons and prepare them to the highest quality
- Take care of the equipment we use on a daily bases
- Be Respectful to yourself, our guests and your fellow co-workers
- Follow standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- High School diploma or general education degree
- Two (2) years related experience in hospitality or service industry
- Follow to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Maintain the space in which we work to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety , taking pride in your workplace
- Prepare and cook food to the highest standards for our patrons to enjoy
- Hold a valid food safe certificate
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
- Prep food items for after hours distribution
- Coordinate the production of pastries
- Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
Wayne and Freda provides competitive wages and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
We should never be too busy to share a coffee or break some bread with those we love, those we like and those we may not see eye to with.
Be kind, be respectful and be authentic. As a part of our team we will respect you and we encourage our employees to have a voice in order to improve the work we do.
Remember the special sauce. What do we mean by this? In the service industry we have the opportunity to create an experience with each guest that walks through our doors. The ability to create joy is in our court and we think that is a incredible place to be standing. Bringing passion, positivity and work ethic to the table is highly valued. We believe in going to extra distance in all the things we do.